Saturday, May 10, 2014

Yogurt Covered Blueberries

As a mom of a toddler I'm always looking for healthy snacks to feed him. The kid is obsessed with all fruit (veggies not so much) as well as yogurt. I thought, why not combine the two! I simply dipped blueberries into greek yogurt and then froze them.  Here are the instructions:

1. Gather your blueberries, greek yogurt of choice, toothpicks and a small pan.













2. Rinse your blueberries.


3. Use a toothpick to poke each blueberry (you can use one toothpick for the entire batch) and then dip each one in the yogurt.














4. Place each blueberry into a pan and then place them in the freezer for a few hours.















5. Once they are frozen place them in a ziplock bag and keep in the freezer until you are ready to eat them or feed them to your kids.

These were a huge hit with my son and the added bonus was that it helped sooth his gums since he is cutting two teeth right now.  I had a few myself and they hit the spot.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment