Friday, May 30, 2014

Homemade Banana Pancakes

I've seen these grain free easy banana pancake recipes all over pinterest and facebook and every where else and I decided that I needed to give them a try. I'm a huge breakfast lover but I know that standard waffles, pancakes and french toast are full of fat, sugar and carbs.  I tried a few recipes and all of them felt too "eggy" to me. I love eggs but when they are their own egg form...I don't want my "breads" tasting like eggs...get it? I tweaked my recipe a few times and think I have found a great one! I am going to make these for my son in the morning for breakfast because he not only loves pancakes and waffles but he loves and I mean loves bananas...actually it's more of an obsession. 

Homemade banana pancake
1 banana mashed (I use my hands)
1/2 cup egg whites
1 Tbsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 pkt Stevia
1 tsp coconut oil (for cooking)
 
 Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well blended. Heat up a non-stick cooking pan and add 1 tsp coconut oil. Pour batter into 3-4 pancakes over medium heat. Allow them to cook until bubbles are seen on the top side and they easily come loose. If you turn them too early you will have batter everywhere. Once they are cooked on one side flip them over and cook them until equally brown. You can eat them plain (thats what I did) or serve them with syrup or jelly.  This entire batch is only 239 calories.  Would also be great with a side of turkey bacon.  Enjoy!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment