Sunday, May 25, 2014

Priorities

I've been following @MarieForleo on facebook for a while now and really enjoy her content. I was watching one of her videos last week and she said something that really resonated with me.  Here is what she said (in my own words.)

We all make plans for ourselves that sound so great when we make them, like waking up at 5 a.m. to workout, but when the time actually comes we hit the snooze button and skip it. When we have a flight that leaves at 7 a.m. and we have to be at the airport at 5:30 a.m. we never miss that because the flight time is non-negotiable.  We need to change our mindset so that the things we need/want to do in order to achieve our goals are also  non-negotiable. If we truly want to reach our goals we will make the things required to meet those goals non-negotiable.

This is sooo true! It is easy to talk about what I will do but the only thing that counts is what action I takeIf something is truly a top priority you will do whatever it takes to make that happen. I challenge you this week to think about what your priorities are and then make sure that everything you do aligns back to those things.  If you think about everything you do in relation to those priorities it will make it easier for you to know when to say yes to something and when to say no.



No comments:

Post a Comment