Sunday, May 18, 2014

Fortune Cookie

First of all, yes my family eats take out Chinese food sometimes. I'm not saying it's a great habit but like one of my previous posts said, everything in moderation. As a mom you know that some nights you are exhausted and tired and the thought of cooking one more thing makes you want to scream...insert your favorite takeout restaurant here! After enjoying a small portion of my chicken, veggies, rice and hot and sour soup (yes I still keep my portions in check when eating bad food) I opened my fortune cookie. Now I'm not one to believe these fortunes are signs for my life or anything but I will say that I truly get excited to see what it will say. I never eat the fortune cookie and not for reasons you may think...I just think they taste like cardboard!  I was so thrilled to see this so true fortune and it reminded me what is really truly important. I'm sure all of you moms can relate. As moms we are constantly battling in regards to doing what is best for our family.  If you are a stay at home mom you miss the adult interaction and if you are a working mom you feel guilty for not being home, etc. etc. Something is built in us to love, protect and help manage our family. I mean it was God's plan for us!  Enjoy this fortune and remember when everything else in life is crazy, it is family that is most important.  I have also posted a "selfie" of me and my son. He truly is one of my highest priorities (and of course my amazing husband too...just not pictured here!)

















No comments:

Post a Comment