Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

To all the moms out there, this day is all about YOU! Having been a mom now for almost two years I can absolutely say that this is the most important and rewarding job I have ever done even though it doesn't pay a dime and doesn't always feel so rewarding.  I can't think of anything that I would rather do than be Beck's mommy. 

All of us work selflessly day in and day out and in order to do that to the best of our abilities we have to also take time to be ourselves, and take care of ourselves. I encourage you today to make a pledge that going forward you will take time for you so you can be your best to your family.  Even if that you time is only 5 minutes here or 20 minutes there, those times are important and necessary.  Sometimes it feels like as a mom we have no time to do anything for ourselves because we are always doing for others (which is true) but I bet if you take time for you, it will make those other times even better.

My favorite thing to do for "me time" is workout.  I start to get cranky and annoyed when I don't take time to keep my self healthy.  I know that because I am taking care of myself I can take better care of my family.  Whatever that thing is for you I encourage you to keep doing it and making time. Whether it is a quick bubble bath or a trip to Starbucks or a grocery trip alone, make sure you cherish that time so you can recharge and be ready to continue being super mom. 

To my mom and all other moms out there, you are AMAZING! Don't forget it!

Happy Mothers Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment