Monday, May 19, 2014

Produce Delivery

A couple of weeks ago I came across a company called Simply Fresh NC.  I actually found them through a groupon email and decided to try it out for a week...but now I'm hooked.  I think all of us struggle with eating enough fruits and vegetables and I thought this would be great way to make it easy for me. Every Friday a basket of organic fruits and veggies is delivered to my door. I plan my weekly meals around the items that are delivered.  I also order a kids basket that is all fruit because my son is absolutely obsessed with fruit. All of the food is from local organic farms and so far it has all been amazing.  I shared a golden delicious apple with my son today and I'm making homemade salsa tomorrow with the tomatoes and onion.  I'm also planning to use the kale to make kale chips and I'll post that if they turn out OK!  I know there are lots of these types of places that either allow you to pick up your food or deliver it right to your door. I added up the fruit costs that I would pay at my local grocery store and the savings on this basket is amazing. I don't always buy organic either and this allows me to get all organic at a great price. The fruit basket shown below cost me just over $20 including delivery. The strawberries and seedless grapes alone would cost me well over $10 if buying organic at the grocery store. I encourage you to check out your local farm options not only to get a better variety of fruits and veggies but to support your local farmers!
















No comments:

Post a Comment