Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Healthy Popsicle

My son (who is almost 2) is very interested in popsicles now. He loves how they are cold and sweet. As we are approaching summer and already having close to 90 degree heat I decided it was time to make some homeade popsicles for him that have a much healthier twist than the store bought, sugar and dye filled ones.  Here was the recipe I made although this could be done thousands of ways.

100% mango, pineapple juice
Strawberries
Blueberries
Spinach (yes Spinach)

I didn't measure any of it out but just threw it all in my Ninja and blended until smooth. Once it was all blended I poured it in my popsicle molds (found at my local grocery store) and then stuck them in the freezer.  My only complaint is that once I poured them in the molds the fruit separated from the juice.  I think next time I will add greek yogurt to them so it is a thicker starting consistency causing the fruit to stay distributed throughout. I'll keep you posted once I try those!














As you can see these were a huge hit with my son! He's eaten two already this week and begs for more. It's nice to feel good about the snacks he eats! He loves them for the sweet taste and I love them for all of the fruits, veggies and vitamins that he is eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment