Wednesday, May 28, 2014

7 Day Clean Eating Challenge: Day 1

Day 1
Overall today went really well! I never found myself overly hungry although sometimes I thought about eating bad food out of habit. I did miss my coffee with good old cream. I typically use the coffemate sweet cream creamer that has sugar in it. I used to be a splenda addict but gave up most all artificial sweeteners this year and I'm convinced it helped me lose the first 12 pounds that I've lost so far this year.  A kept anticipating a sugar withdraw headache but it never came which is great news!! Hoping that remains true going forward as well. Here is a breakdown of my meals along with pictures.

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with reduced fat feta cheese, 2 slices nitrate free uncured peppered turkey bacon and 1 slice Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread with 1/2 tsp. grass-fed unsalted butter. Cup of coffee with 1 stevia and 2 Tbls unsweetened coconut milk.

Snack: Golden delicious apple with 1 Tbls almond butter

Lunch: Baked Chicken with Asparagus and Tomato slices

Snack: Plain nonfat greek yogurt with raw honey, raw almonds and strawberries. Coffee with 1 stevia and 2 Tbls unsweetened coconut milk

Dinner: Chicken Sausage Hash (Chicken Sausage, onions, peppers, sweet potatoes, coconut oil)

According to my Lose It app I had 1350 calories for the day. I think this is a great calorie range for me to slowly lose weight the healthy way. You should always be getting a minimum of 1200 calories per day so your body doesn't go into starvation mode and your metabolism slows down.On to Day 2!!





No comments:

Post a Comment