Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What kind of mom are you?

I was scrolling through Facebook yesterday and came across this amazing photo series about different types of moms. You can check it out here. Before I became a mom I never really thought about the different ways that moms and dads raised their kids and the choices they made.  I knew the way that my parents raised me and always assumed that their way was correct. Come to find out...there are many ways to raise your kids. Also, people will not agree with the way you raise your kids...and that is OK!

Once I became a mom I too quickly fell into the judgey mom category. I started thinking thoughts like "why don't you tell your kid no" or "why are you letting your kid eat that" and the list goes on and on.  It is so difficult for so many of us to keep our opinions to ourselves. I think with so many reality shows these days that show women bad mouthing each other and just speaking their minds it makes us think that is OK and normal...and it isn't!  Everyone chooses to parent different ways, feed their kids different things, etc. and we should not be judging them. If you want to do something for your kids, by all means go for it...but don't think that you have the right to force that same opinion on others. I am going to focus on doing a better job of this and only worrying about how I raise my kids and I encourage you to do the same. Let's stick together moms!!!

Matthew 7:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment