Sunday, June 1, 2014

7 Day Clean Eating Challenge: Day 5

Day 5
Today was my first weekend day so it is definitely tougher to stay on track. I had a good friend hosting a pampered chef party from 11-1 so I knew there would be food that likely would be "clean." I decided I would have a protein shake to have on my way so I would be full and not have to worry about being tempted. There were of course some s'more pie dessert and a salad with ranch dressing as well as crackers and dip. I only let myself have the chicken (just baked with spices) and then when I got back home I had a salad. It is all about preparing so you aren't forced or tempted to eat bad food. It will never be easy but you can do it! Here is a breakdown of my meals along with pictures:

Breakfast: Two eggs scrambled + 6 Tbsp egg whites, ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast with 1 tsp almond butter, 1 kiwi and almond milk latte.

Snack: Chocolate protein shake with almond milk.

Lunch:Salad with strawberries, grapes, apples and 1 Tbsp organic balsamic vinaigrette. I had baked chicken as well at the pampered chef party but that isn't pictured!

Snack: Greek yogurt with organic granola and 1 tsp organic raw honey and an almond milk latte (yes these lattes are becoming an obsession but oh so good!)


Dinner: Salad with grilled chicken and organic balsamic vinaigrette (grabbed dinner from a restaurant on the way home because we were at the pool all afternoon and exhausted! My husband got wings and I resisted!)


Snack: Green apples sauteed in 1 tsp butter, 1 stevia and cinnamon


According to my Lose It app I had 1375 calories for the day! I'm really starting to get the hang of this and eating better is getting easier and easier.  On to Day 6!!





No comments:

Post a Comment